From:
William MacGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:56:35 -0800
Dear List Members,

I am interested in learning what research has been done on the impact of Jim
Crow laws on museums in the U.S. and the beginnings of desegregation in
museums. I would greatly appreciate references for any publications (or
archival materials and even exhibitions, if any) that address this subject
in any detail. I am also seeking reminiscences from museum professionals,
who are encouraged to contact me directly, about their experience working in
American museums that were once racially segregated.

Thank you in advance for any information you may be able to provide. It is
my hope to share with the field the results of this inquiry.

William B. MacGregor, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor & Assistant Chair
Department of Museum Studies
John F. Kennedy University