From:
Kasey Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2013 10:55:01 -0400
Part of the problem is funding. At the historic site I work for, I always
get at least a handful of people who assume it is free to go in and that
all our staff are unpaid volunteers. Even more complain about our entry fee
of $7.

I'd love to earn more but where is it going to come from? Government sites
are getting their budgets gutted too. I think the core problem is a lack of
support from the public at large. Without their support (and money) you
won't see an increase in pay.

No site is going to operate at a loss for very long. Just the reality.

KAJ