Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:10:43 -0400
Just a point of information, you are overlooking, at least in part, the
rate of inflation, which is significant in regard to the US economy.
without an annual cost of living adjustment, your salary decreases in
value. thus, that 3-4% 'annual raise' is imaginary.

According to the US DoL Bureau of Labor Statistics, 10,000 in 1980 US$
= 15,861 in 1990 US$ = 20,898 in 2000 US$.

10,000 US in 1985 would equate to 18,160 US in 2005. (on average)

-L.D.