From:
Janis Wilkens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 07:42:48 -0800
Eric Siegel wrote:

>    Non profits are allowed to sell lots of things, and do.  So the
>    selling of art is an ethical, not a legal or tax issue.
>
>    Eric Siegel

I'm confused about this thread.  We sell artworks all the time (on behalf
of the artists) from our juried and other temporary exhibits, and this is
the first time I've heard any question about this practice. Have I missed
something?

What I *have* heard questioned is the selling of artworks out of the
museum's collections.
--
Janis Beth Wilkens
Curator of Collections/Interim Director