From:
"William P. Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 21:22:21 -0500
I spent my entire lunch trying to think of whether there are   or
if it would be possible to have a blues song about visual art or artists.
The best I've come up with so far is Little Milton's "Grits Aint
Groceries" with its unforgettable chorus:

Well If I don't love you baby
Grits ain't groceries
Eggs ain't poultry
And Mona Lisa was a man

My recording of the song is on a Chess Records 50th anniversary
compilation creatively titled: "Little Milton: Greatest Hits."

Also, don't forget to check with ASCAP and BMI for copyright and any
royalties that would need to be paid for performing copyrighted
material--or could this be considered "fair use?"  Many music publishing
companies have searchable song lists on the web that would likely have
royalty information.

--William Scott
William Philip Scott                     |
Collections Manager and Office Assistant |   "Upon closer examination I
Mathers Museum of World Cultures         |    noticed that most of the
Indiana University                       |    the people bringing me these
601 East Eighth Street                   |    questions were what we call
Bloomington, IN 47405                    |    "registrars."
Email: [log in to unmask]                |     --Marie Malaro in