From:
Christina Myatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:06:45 -0500
We are in the Quad Cities area and thus have students from both
Illinois and Iowa.  We provide pre visit classroom activities as well
as post visit activities for the teachers to take back and use in the
classroom.  All are either a continuation of what has been done or a
series of questions/activities that teachers can use to assess what
students got from the trip.  We do not do these activities in the
museum, they are follow up for the classroom.

This has worked very successfully for us.  We do, of course, make sure
that every program is standards based and that those standards are
given to the teachers in writing as part of their confirmation packet.

If they need a "test", try sending it back with them.  It will seperate
the "test" from their experience during their museum visit.  In truth,
it will also be a true "test" of what they learned and not just what
they can remember for 2 hours so they can pass the test at the end.

Christina
Christina M. Myatt
Theatrical Programming Coordinator
Putnam Museum