From:
"E. L. Wimett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 14:31:19 GMT
I worked with Blackbaud for 9 years before returning to the non-profit
sector.

There are fairly extensive export facilities built into the system (both
DOS and Windows) and I have successfully exported files from The Raiser's
Edge into other systems for analysis, data normalization and conversion
purposes over the years.

I cannot speak to the current automatic conversion process between the DOS
and Windows versions since I left the company when they were still having
the conversion problems mentioned in the original message.  However, the
last file layout documents I saw --- which were more current --- seemed
fairly accurate and would allow someone who was competent at data
conversion to take data from another system into The Raiser's Edge fairly
easily or take data from the Blackbaud product to another system equally
easily.

E. L. Wimett
Collections Manager
Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum

Doug Hoy <[log in to unmask]> wrote in article