From:
Kristen Mihalko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2016 08:49:58 -0700
Hi All -

We just hosted a Copyright & Licensing workshop featuring Media
Acquisitions Coordinator, Renato Rodriguez, from the San Diego Natural
History Museum. Check it out, he shared a lot of information about
copyright and even fair use!

Copyright & Licensing Workshop | Free (BPCP Member Institutions); $15.00
(All other)
This workshop will introduce attendees to the complex issues of media
licensing, copyright ownership research, ownership evaluations, and media
acquisitions for museums, exhibits departments, content developers, and
marketing departments. Fundamentals in media research and acquisitions will
be introduced including “due diligence” research, “fair use”, “public
domain”, user fee determinations, and social media issues like
crowdsourcing photographs and posting images to social media platforms with
and without permissions.

Enroll Here
<http://onlinelearning.bpcp.org/oltpublish/site/program.do?dispatch=showCourseSession&id=6505eb1e-0ca5-11e6-807c-0cc47a352510>

This is definitely a great topic and one that has a very fine line!

Kristen

*KRISTEN MIHALKO*
Manager, Programs & Communication - Balboa Park Learning Institute
*a program of the Balboa Park Cultural Partnership*
1549 El Prado, Suite 4
San Diego, CA 92101
619.232.7502 x1206

*CONNECT WITH THE LEARNING INSTITUTE: Website
<http://bpcp.org/learning-institute> | Learning Portal
<http://onlinelearning.bpcp.org/> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/BalboaParkLearningInstitute> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/bpli_> | Sign Up for our Newsletter
<http://bpcp.org/learning-institute/newsletter/>*

*Are you interested in Exhibit Evaluation?* Join San Diego Exhibit
Evaluators
<http://bpcp.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=2d77bb1f000f5e7509a09225f&id=6d57a0befe>
a partnership between the Learning Institute and San Diego Museum
Council. Learn
more <http://bpcp.org/SDEEG>.