From:
Carol Chau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:17:10 -0400

Hello,

    Abby Goodrum and I are on the faculty at Syracuse University's
School of Information Studies. We are engaged in a project designed to
build collaborative, digital museum and library reference services. The
project team is currently developing and evaluating processes that
enable museums and libraries to work together in providing reference
assistance over the web to support patrons' image information needs.

    We would like to invite members of your listserv to participate, and
wonder if you would be kind enough to post this message inviting
listserv members to answer a survey to collect baseline data about
visual resource librarians and museums digital reference practices.

    If you agree, please post to your listserv this message with the
following URL (
<http://64.4.14.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=9f68abc49b3d83fa199b2879
4a0e5717&lat=1065628558&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fquartz%2esyr%2eedu%2fdi
i> http://quartz.syr.edu/dii and select "Survey"), and let me know
accordingly.

    Please contact Carol Chau, doctoral student, at

Best regards, and many thanks,

Joanne Silverstein

Director of Research & Development, Information Institute of Syracuse
(iis.syr.edu)

Assistant Research Professor, School of Information Studies

Syracuse University

(315) 443-1363