From:
Kathy Mancuso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:59:09 -0400
Good tips, Terri, and thanks for providing practical information from your
standpoint to supplant my polemics!

It might be of interest to everyone to know that Iron Mountain is a major
archival company, and although it makes access difficult, large parts of
the National Archives film collection--most of the preservation masters,
which are copied to form intermediate copies and viewing copies--are going
to go there very soon.  I think that the alarmist tone the article takes is
wrong: we are hardly "losing" these pictures forever, nor will the
collection be completely closed for research.  Telling photo historians
they have to have some idea what they're looking for instead of handling
every print to my mind is like asking art historians not to touch!

Kathy Mancuso
Somos Orphanistas!