From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 17:27:05 -0500
On Dec 04, 1995 10:35:44, 'Christopher Whittle
<[log in to unmask]>' wrote:

>The book is museum related. Many museum education folk reside here.  In
>spite of your personal feelings about advertising in general you must
>consider the purposes of this list and its members.  Your comment about
>the book looking interesting (in its museum-related context) should have
>clued you into its raison de etre on museum-l. Please excuse my French.

Dear museumellers and Chris,

Well Chris, for the first time I agree with you 100 percent.  I think it
appropriate to announce the book, to offer it for sale.  None of that
bothers me.  It was just the hyperbole and sales pitch that made me cringe.
 No, no.  My good wishes to all good intentions.  I for one support the
bond between commercial enterprises and theme oriented listservs like
museum-l.  There is pleanty of room for mutual benefit.  It is just that
the world is so full of hype that at least this has been (with exceptions)
a kind of refuge from all that.  Do announce the book; just spare me the
salesmanship.

Robt

--

Robert A. Baron