From:
Patricia Horn Fell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 14:18:19 -0800
On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Laura Lynne Scharer wrote:

> And did you see the news this morning about the transportation strike,
> talk of a general strike, general disatisfaction etc, etc.
>
> What looks good from one angle may not look so good from another one.
> I admit I don't know _anything_ about French taxes or how the French really
> feel about them (even after watching 60 Minutes) but this looks like a
> strong possibility of the grass being greener.

Oh, I dunno. A massive general strike would be an appropriate response to
the beating we're taking right here in the US of A. Too bad it's not in
our collective vocabulary of behaviors. It'd sure beat blaming, whining,
competing for scraps, cheerfully working longer and harder for less, and
generally waiting for the gummint to fix itself.