From:
Jason Dennison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:17:55 -0400
Hello all. I actually work in the closest major natural history museum
to the Creationist "Museum" in question. My comments here are mine
alone....

First off, this isn't in some off the beaten path town in the middle of
nowhere. It is within 20 minutes of downtown Cincinnati and just 5
minutes off the Interstate (if that).

Second, while all of this hype is humorous, for those of us in the local
area, it is a real concern. Much of the attention of local media outlets
is being redirected to this money-grubbing travesty. The special effects
are going to be great...but the reasons behind it are based on nothing
but $$$. Our staff gets visibly angry when we discuss the museum and the
potential impact it will have on attendance.

We have been extremely open to the fact that people of many faiths and
persuasions have used our dinosaur hall and other exhibits to tell their
own version of the story. That's fine. But now people are going to go to
this "DinoDisneyWorld" and think that what they are seeing is factual.
They even have the nerve to claim that their information is
scientifically based.

If you'd like a REAL laugh, visit their "Scientific Questions" page at
http://www.answersingenesis.org/feedback/sendmail.aspx?TopicID=Scientifi
<http://www.answersingenesis.org/feedback/sendmail.aspx?TopicID=Scientif
ic> . I found it most interesting (in the Geology Q&A) to find out that
the Rocky Mountains are less than 4300 years old and formed within a
matter of weeks. Who knew?

I don't know whether I am more angry or scared that a museum/theme park
like this can get the support (and media attention) it does. While those
of us in true museums and scientific fields work for next to nothing,
these charlatans are busy stuffing their pockets by taking advantage of
gullible people.