From:
HHS Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 08:37:19 -0500
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Eric J. Roth (845) 255-6738

We apologize if any of you have received this message in error or duplicate.

The Huguenot Historical Society Library and announces changes to its hours of operation and reference policies. Both the library and archives collections are now open by appointment only. We strongly encourage all researchers to contact the library prior to their visit to schedule an appointment.

Visitors will also want to note the changes to the library's Remote Reference Request Policy, active January 1, 2001.
The Huguenot Historical Society Library and Archives staff will provide basic information in answer to all queries received in writing from members free of charge, this includes queries submitted via postal mail as well as e-mail and our online web form. Non-members will be charged a $10.00 fee. All queries will be answered to the best of our ability given a time limitation of approximately thirty minutes per inquiry. E-mail and web form queries are not given priority treatment over those submitted via postal mail. Please inform us if you are planning a visit to the Huguenot Historical Society, or if you have a time-sensitive project. Our staff will answer all queries as soon as possible.

Answers to queries will typically include citations for all sources searched whether or not the information was found. Photocopies cost $0.25 per page. All patrons are encouraged to visit the library or archives after scheduling an appointment.

The Library staff will not conduct research for specific inquiries beyond the initial reference search. Nor will the library staff complete applications to organizations where genealogical proof is a necessary prerequisite for membership. When possible, the library will provide a list of professional genealogists who can be contracted to conduct such research.

The Huguenot Historical Society is a nonprofit organization charged with the responsibility of maintaining nine historic house museums and accompanying properties, an exhibit gallery, museum shop, wildlife sanctuary, and picnic facilities in addition to the research library and archival collection. Sustaining the library and archives costs the Society over $50,000 per year. Your donation of $10 or more helps the library to continue to provide quality services to its patrons. Thank you very much for your continued support.

Eric J. Roth, Archivist/Librarian
Huguenot Historical Society
Library and Archives
88 Huguenot Street