From:
"Anne W. Ackerson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 2009 08:19:17 -0400
I have to say that I was really intrigued by the Ohio Historical Society's
plans to meet its financial realities.  Yes, hard on the many, many people
who've called the historical society their professional home.  And, it will
be hard on audiences who have come to expect certain exhibits and historic
sites to be available to them.  I know it's a natural reaction to want to
hunker down -- protecting traditional activities and staffing patterns.
But, on the other hand, what a wonderful opportunity to revision - in a big
way - how to better connect history to community.  For all of us who are
searching for new models of sustainability based on community participation,
OHS is providing us with an example to watch and learn from.  I hope OHS
will converse with the field on a regular basis to share with us what's
working and what isn't.

Anne

--
Read my Blog:  http://leadingbydesign.blogspot.com/
Visit my Website:  www.awackerson.com/

Anne W. Ackerson
Principal
Creative Leadership & Management Solutions
1914 Burdett Avenue
Troy, New York  12180
T:  518-271-2455
E:  [log in to unmask]