From:
Lawrie Conole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 1994 09:42:05 +1100
It is my understanding that in Australia the Vice-Chancellors committee
have indicated that they want `user pays' to be introduced on AARNet (the
Australian branch of the global Internet community).  This will probably
take the form of a sliding scale of $$ per megabyte; international
transmission costing more than national.  The matter is under review
somewhere in the academic bureaucracy as we (virtually) speak.  Bad news
travels VERY quickly these days!!

*       Lawrie Conole            *   "And no-one saw the carny go.    *
*       Scienceworks             *   I say it's funny how things go." *
*      2 Booker Street           *                       -- Nick Cave *
*   Spotswood Victoria 3015      *                                    *
*        AUSTRALIA               *   [log in to unmask]   *
*     V +61 3 392 4832           *          F +61 3 391 0100          *