From:
George Buss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:51:36 -0400
Minnetrista is preparing to launch a museum theater outreach program for
schools in the local community and surrounding counties.  In order to
determine which counties to target  and when, we have been working on
understanding our on-site school visitation, in particular, the breakdown by
counties in our surrounding region (seven counties in all.)  Using the 2000
census and school board information we have been able to determine the
percentage of students that we serve from each county.   The issue we now
face is that without a decent benchmark, this is just another pretty (or
pretty ugly) number.

What is a good percentage of school visit market share?   At what point have
you optimized your visitation?  Has any research been done on benchmark
percentages for school visitation from a county or community?  Has anyone
else performed this kind of market share evaluation and what did you find?

George

George E. Buss Jr.
Associate Director of Theatre and Outreach
Minnetrista
1200 North Minnetrista Pkwy
Muncie, Indiana 47303
765-213-3540 x 156