From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:36:09 -0400
Ah, well in that case, what would such a group focus on that's different
from what other museum organizations do? Are the needs of government funded
museums different from other museums?

Diane

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:28:28 -0400, Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>It may initially sound like it but Association of State Museum
Associations is/was an Association for Association boards and/or staff such
as Colorado-Wyoming Association of Museums and Museums In North Dakota.
>From the web-site this organization appears defunct. The first two
meetings were funded or underwritten by either IMLS or AAM, can't remember
which.  The first meeting was in Florida, the second in Colorado and the
third was, I think, to be in British Columbia.

>If I read it correctly, the post was seeking to explore the idea of an
association of state-governed and financed museums.