From:
Marielle Fortier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:44:49 -0400
Hello,  At the various local historical societies and museums I've worked at
we have indeed closed our doors to the dismay of visitors.  We have closed
for inventory, cleaning, moving and construction. Some societies have put
ads in their newsletters or the local paper about being closed. Good signage
is important explaining why it is closed and when it may reopen. People may
be upset but will understand if you explain why you are closed. Hope this
helped a little bit.

Marielle

Marielle Fortier
Museum Registrar