From:
HNEEDHAM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 13:44:07 +0000
I agree with my colleague Denise.

I haven't read the book yet but c ertainly intend to as Bob Janes and his crew
have gone through a truly massive round of one-shot downsizing (more than a
third of their budget!) and some very traumatic organization-flattening and
matricizing which has produced not merely some outstanding new exhibitions but
some developments decidedly useful to the rest of us - such as an approach to
performance indicators that might be seen as the antithesis to the Peter Ames
model.

I suspect this will be an important book for all of us and I'm just glad that
Bob found the time to jot his reflections down - and Christina brought it to
everyone's attention.

Harry Needham