From:
Kris Abery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 07:23:33 -0400
On Sun, 18 Aug 1996, Jan Wilson wrote:

> I have been searching assiduously (or so I thought) for a position, but I
> did not find out about a couple of positions until it was too late to apply.
> Neither had posted in AVISO, which has been (and still is) my primary resource
> for available job positions.  I have begun wondering whether there are many
> entry level jobs ($18,000 or more for M.A.) available through AVISO -- or if
> those willing to hire people without years & years of experience use other
> means of advertisement, such as newspapers and local labor departments (which
> then may get posted on America's Job Bank) instead of AVISO.

I'd be very interested in the replies and possible insights anyone might
have with regard to the above. I 've been searching for an entry level
position myself, however, it seems that they just don't exist. The
positions advertised in AVISO, NEMA and AASLH seem to be for the museum
professional with 5 to 10 years of experience.