Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 17:29:10 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Youngman <[log in to unmask]>

>(snip)
>Nothing terrible has happened yet but
>my vote is definitely against making curators directors.

Sounds discriminatory

>I also disapprove of putting on the board, reporters--just because they
>won't report on our activities otherwise, or volunteers--just because
>they won't work on projects otherwise.

Sounds descriminatory yet again.

>I know 'ex officio' means automatically there.  Some here believe such
>members have regular, full rights and others believe they don't.  So are
>ex officio directors really directors in name only or is that just one
>interpretation?

Unless Bylaws specifically exclude ex officio Board members from actions,
all powers and actions are available to the member.  The other Board members
may try to limit in individual cases but the Bylaws and Articles govern.

On the other side of the coin: what about Board members who are not
regluarly paid staff performing consulting activities for the Museum on a
fee basis?

Wayne Hart, Executive Director
Museum of Valor
"What is Past is Prologue"