From:
Monta Lee Dakin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 2015 10:50:28 -0400

Time to go touring.  GREAT tours at the 2015 MPMA/KMA Museum  Conference.
_Cheapest Registration ends this Friday,_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRBCkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-LkjqlOQ5yt8NON
El3sEE9yuS7m2E9KqbPemwjDY7OmreywSxUrBiNP25-H2DmKBFFvLgs81KpsLLdXxAHRzZ1afLjX
3iAQKChDgP7SXNxbW_zPUWoPrFP7ZifrPcEYsW)   8/7/15
TOURS:
Over and Under in Hutchinson
Immigrant Groups
Air Capital Aviation
Art Garden
Artsy Side of Wichita
Uniquely Wichita
Wichita Potpourri
Zoo Tour
Learn  how others do it!  Take a tour and check out admissions, exhibits,
and traffic flow at someone  else's museum.  Learn about the local area.
You'll learn alot.  That's  why we have EIGHT tours at the MPMA/KMA conference
on Monday, September  28th.  Check_ here_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRBCkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-3caCdbYMNL2SuFc7
tTgkAcFsKvOsbUWT5qie7yY7wX5N2xKe_X_0Nw==)  for schedule, location and
details.
*Monday  Educational Experiences
September  28, 2015
All-Day  Educational Experiences
Lunch  included
Monday is our traditional full-day tours to sites outside of  Wichita that
are so interesting we just had to include them as educational  experiences.

T1:  Over and Under in Hutchinson
Come  "Share our Space" in Hutchinson, known as the "The Salt City." Then,
"drop in"  650 feet underground at Strataca, the only North American
attraction museum  located in a working salt mine. Then, go back in time to the
Amish community of  Yoder for homemade pie. These are amazing sites!
T2:  Hallå, Hallo, Hola: Immigrant Groups of South Central Kansas
Most people don't know that Kansas has an incredible ethnic  heritage.
You'll get to discover all that on this tour.  Swedish, Mennonite  and Mexican
groups immigrated to central Kansas. Find out what brought them  here.
T3:  Air Capital Aviation Adventure - Wichita: Wings Around the World!
The history of aviation in one afternoon. Yes, it is possible to do  that
in Wichita. Cessna, Boeing and Beech - they are or were all here. See the
old but original Art Deco Terminal, now the Kansas Aviation  Museum.
_~Learn  More_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRBCkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-3caCdbYMNL2SuFc7tTgkAcFsKvOsbUWT5qie7yY7w
X5N2xKe_X_0Nw==)
*Thursday Educational Experiences
Morning and Afternoon
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Thursday  is our  traditional "local educational experience day" where
you'll get a  behind-the-scenes look at Wichita museums and sites. Our teachers
will provide  an on-site application of knowledge gained from the
conference.
T4: Behind-The-Scenes-Tour of the Art Garden at Wichita Art  Museum
(Host:  National Association for Museum Exhibitors)
Take an intimate tour of the new Art Garden at the Wichita Art  Museum. It
just opened and you will get to see it as a brand new place!   Your leader
will be the National  NAME Rep who is a highly regarded exhibits  designer.
T5: The Artsy Side of Wichita
Wichita boasts a rich arts community with three art museums,  extensive
public art, numerous galleries and world-class architecture. Frank  Lloyd
Wright's Allen-Lambe House, touted by Wright himself as "among my best,"  the
Wichita State University's Outdoor Sculpture Collection, an exceptional
collection of Native American pottery and one of the two finest Asmat art
collections in the U.S., and the Ulrich Museum of Art.
T6: Uniquely Wichita Tour
We'll start our tour in the historic Delano District at Hatman  Jack's, one
of the few hat makers left in the country.  Next up is the Museum of World
Treasures  with its three floors of exhibits that include mummies  and
feature the Medieval and Renaissance  periods plus the Modern Era.  We end  at
the Nifty Nut House, a local historic legend.
T7: Wichita Potpourri Tour
Our tour begins at The WATER Center, then to the Kansas African  American
Museum  and Botanica  Wichita, the colorful Wichita Gardens that is
considered one of the most  beautiful places in the city.
T8: Not Your Average Zoo Tour
A behind-the-scenes tour of Sedgwick County Zoo.  When do you ever get to
go behind the  scenes at a zoo?
_~Learn  More_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRBCkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-3caCdbYMNL2SuFc7tTgkAcFsKvOsbUWT5qie7yY7w
X5N2xKe_X_0Nw==)
When you register for the conference, enhance your training by  taking our
educational experiences.  Notice we are not calling them tours?  That's
because they are so much more: educational in scope and designed for you  to
bring back ideas to your museum.

See the full list of  educational experiences and their times_ here._
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRB
CkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-3caCdbYMNL2SuFc7tTgkAcFsKvOsbUWT5qie7yY7wX5N2xKe_X_0Nw==)
Please  note:  tours and workshops will fill up. Make your selection before
the conference. No  tour or event tickets will be sold at the  conference.
Questions?  Contact us at [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])

Sincerely,
Monta Lee Dakin, MPMA Executive  Director

_reserve your hotel room click  here_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRBCkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-LkjqlOQ5yt9k-W2_lt
emYmAPLqhVeT6ipiDO5CytoT7QIFygnJoHpnp5UYP4hORi)

_register for the conference click  here_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRBCkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-LkjqlOQ5yt8NON
El3sEE9yuS7m2E9KqbPemwjDY7OmreywSxUrBiNP25-H2DmKBFFvLgs81KpsLLdXxAHRzZ1afLjX
3iAQKChDgP7SXNxbW_zPUWoPrFP7ZifrPcEYsW)
click  below for
_Preliminary Conference  Program_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRBCkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-3caCdbYMNL0ecHTPuJiufV
Zn4qHS6JVrT867cOTzY_w2_LGQWiInGmscJia-9WTm602ip7HQw_4=)
_List of  Workshops _
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRBCkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-3caCdbYMNL0ecHTPuJiufVZn4qHS6JVr0a
GcQ6F3ti_tIuYWLeoyvC0ZwAJjtk1l)
_List of  Tours _
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRBCkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-3caCdbYMNL2SuFc7tTgkAcFsKvOsbUWT5qie7y
Y7wX5N2xKe_X_0Nw==)
_List of  Sessions _
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRBCkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-3caCdbYMNL0ecHTPuJiufVZn4qHS6JVrbzf
tcQ6Q0CrMBFVTvAucbQ==)
_List of  Speakers _
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fMY_Rd_1Bj5llRC7AdGkpHVd2jslfZG7d04BcRuKV3zzwRBCkReB-s5fvx_Xsf8-3caCdbYMNL0ecHTPuJiufVZn4qHS6JVrbzf
tcQ6Q0CrMBFVTvAucbQ==)
MPMA: A Ten-state  museum network

Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico,  North Dakota, Oklahoma,
South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming

Mark your calendar:
2015 MPMA /  KMA Joint Conference:  September 27 – October 1  Wichita,
Kansas

Mountain-Plains Museums Association
7110  West David Drive
Littleton, Colorado 80128-5404