From:
Jan Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:28:11 MST
This is slightly off subject but here goes:  I have about decided that when I
spend what little money I have on videotapes for my anthropology classes, I
will purchase only those videotapes which are captioned.  In at least one out
of three classes, I have a student who is deaf or hard-of-hearing.  I want to
buy materials which aid me in making material accessible to all my students.
A $200 tape purchase is a serious matter for me, since my take home pay for
one class monthly is about $340.00 at one place and around $500.00 at another
place.  Cheers.  JanW,[log in to unmask]

(Oh, I do use college tapes too -- but I sometimes purchase tapes that tie in
better with the topics I am covering.)