From:
"Daniel M. Dumych" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 1994 09:01:30 -0400
> We are preparing an exhibition on Nikola Tesla and his contributions
> to electrical science. There are some obvious books, e.g.
> Margaret Cheney's biography and the Lindsay Publications reprints
> of Teslariana,  but we are looking for any out of the way
> material. For example, where are his original manuscripts
> and records - in former Yugoslavia or in New York
> (at G.E. or Westinghouse, perchance?) and elsewhere?

Virtually all of the original manuscripts are in the Nikola Tesla
Museum in Belgrade (would that be Serbia now, or what?!).  The address
for the musuem is:
        Muzej Nikole Tesle
        Beograd
        Proleterskih brigada 51

> And then, he says cautiously, what about the "Philadelphia Experiment"???
> There is a story that all of Tesla's technical papers were
> withdrawn from circulation immediately after the putative
> experiment. But are we entering the Twilight Zone here?

ABSOLUTELY!  You not only would be entering Rod Serling-land, you would
be smack-dab in the middle of it.  Some Tesla groupies like to believe
in this sort of thing, but...

Tesla was involved in the development of the Niagara Falls Power Co.'s
first power complex in the 1890's.  I've done substantial research in
that, so if I can be of help, let me know.  (Incidentally, this was
this the world's first large scale alternating current power plant).

Daniel M. Dumych

--
Daniel M. Dumych          | "The whole earth is full of monuments
[log in to unmask] | to nameless inventors."  Otis T. Mann