From:
janice klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:59:18 -0600
A pre-printed bound accession book is the only type of document which cannot
be changed without leaving a record of that change.  Catalogue cards,
database entries, individual sheets of paper can all be removed and
destroyed without leaving a trace.  Any change in an accession book remains
visible forever.

(I will also post this to the Registrars Committee members-only listserv and
ask that response be sent to Mr. Perry)

Janice Klein
Chair, RC-AAM
Registrar, The Field Museum