From:
Henry Amick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:41:07 -0700
Hi, Educators & Administrators!

 Like all employees of museums, it is time now for educators to document (and justify) their programs, their publications, and their positions. Educators, for example, must demonstrate why they produce curriculum guides for tours, exhibits, and themes.

 Can you link teachers' guides to increased visitation?

 Can one say that lesson plans improve literacy rates?

 In your opinion -- or those of the teachers that bring their classes to your museum -- what are the main values teachers get from using curriculum guides?

 How significant are school groups to your visitation numbers?

 Having led small museums and education programs, I now lead a group of consultants, who, among other things, produce curriculum guides. When I was the head of a multi-museum system's education department, experiencing staffing cuts, I longed to have a good, diverse consulting firm outside of the walls of the museum who understood our needs. Now, I've created that firm. Our group, Amick Museum Resource Development, would like to do our very best to help you all who are inside the museums. Would you please answer the small handful of questions above? (Other general comments about curriculum guides that have worked for your museum and the schools you serve -- and what has not worked -- are welcome, as you wish.) You can send your answers to the questions directly to me at [log in to unmask] or to the museum-l listgroup.

 Thank you & good luck!
 -Henry

Henry Amick
Principal
Amick Museum Resource Development

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Postal Mail: 3003 Washtenaw Ave., Ste 1-E, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Web Site: www.henryamick.com
Telephone: (734) 994-1004