From:
David Mishkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2007 14:20:59 -0500
I would like to respectfully disagree with Pam's information.  You do
NOT need to register your work to have any copyright protection.  The
law states that "if it is created, it is copyrighted"  This applies to
anything written, drawn, painted, photographed, designed.....anything
created.  Registering a copyright only makes it easier to prove
ownership.  Not registering a copyright does not negate anything.

David L. Mishkin - Consultant
PHOTOGRAPHIC COPIES, ENHANCEMENTS AND RESTORATIONS
The experts in photographic restorations and enhancements with over
24 years of experience. Trusted by many museums and historical societies.
www.maine.com/photos - [log in to unmask] (207)-233-3055