From:
Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 14:07:28 -0600
Greetings Kimberly:

Not that it's a "form," but I concentrate on several elements whilst preparing an exhibition proposal:

1.	Tentative Title(s)

2.	Gallery

What space might it fit best?

3.	Number of Artworks/Objects

artist(s), media, size, etc.

4.	Content

biography/biographies, description of subjects/themes, etc.

5.	References

articles, books, catalogues, web sites, etc.

6.	Related Education Programs

talks, tours, hands-on workshops, etc.

7.	Target Audience

Who do I think would enjoy it?

8.	Development

Who do I think might sponsor it?  (specific people/businesses or general industries)

I modify these headings to suit my concept, and attach supporting documentation/information such as text, images, resumés, etc.  As it's just a proposal, it's all brainstorming.  But once approved, this proposal 'packet' makes a good start for an exhibition file.

I hope this helps . . . and hope others respond, as I'm always looking for better ways to organize my thoughts.

Best wishes, sincerely,

Jay Heuman

Curator of Education

Salt Lake Art Center

20 South West Temple

Salt Lake City, UT  84101

Phone: 801.328.4201 x 121

Fax: 801.322.4323

Salt Lake Art Center:

Celebrating 75 Years!

1931-2006

On Friday 12 May kim preciado wrote:
Hi-

I am currently drafting a new exhibition proposal form.  I would be grateful to anyone who had sample forms they were happy with.

Thanks,

Kimberly Preciado

Coordinator of Programs

Hearst Museum of Anthropology