From:
Jadran Kale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 11:08:01 +0200
Kosovar Intellectual Tortured and his House Looted

Kukes, May 20 (Kosovapress)
A witness from the Prizren`s "Skenderbeut" district, a professor of
history who preferred not to be identified recently arrived in Kukes after
being deported from Kosova. In an interview he stated: "It is the policy
the Serb military and police forces to round up all Kosovar intellectuals
and torture them during interrogation."

"Two days ago (i.e., at May 18th) Serb security forces entered my home and
stayed there for four hours. They raided my home, stealing anything of
value. They took from my house 200 historical artifacts of the Illyrian
period which has been collected over the years in Kosova. These pieces are
of great archeological interest and are priceless for the history of the
Albanian people who were clearly present in Kosova before the arrival of
Slavs in the Seventh century. They also took 32 maps of Albania and Kosova
which were historically important and extremely valuable."

"After the raids," he adds, "I was taken with five other men to the police
station where we were handcuffed to a table for over thirty hours. At
midnight, we were beaten like animals for around twenty minutes. They
forced us to bang our heads against the table and to declare: `Long Live
Serbia, Down with the KLA and NATO.` After that they released us and told
us we had ten minutes to leave Kosova for Albania."

Museum-L" (without the quotes).