From:
SBC Museum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:43:15 -0500
Dear All,

I am in the process of revising my syllabus for a spring semester class called
"Curating, Collecting and Connoisseurship."  In essence, this is an
introduction to the museum field, and students acquire professional skills like
object handling, label writing, and cataloguing throughout the course and class
assignments.

This has recently been designated as an oral skills class, so in addition to the
typical reading and writing exercises, I am also incorporating assignments that
will help the students hone their speaking and listening skills.  This is where
you, my distinguished colleagues, come in.

I would like each student to have the opportunity to do a phone interview with a
museum professional and then give a presentation to the class on what they've
learned about our field, and how some of our duties and responsibilities relate
to "Curating, Collecting and Connoisseurship."  And yes, they should also hear
about wielding the toilet brush and snow shovel as well as the more
"glamourous" aspects of your job!

If you would be willing to let a budding museum professional speak to you about
your job sometime in the next few months, please contact me off list, and thank
you in advance for considering my request.

With all best wishes for 2006,
Christian

--
Christian Carr