Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2023 19:25:07 +0000
Heritage Economics: A Guide for Interpreters,Planners,

Site Managers, and Educators

 Free Introductory Zoom Seminar

Prof. John Veverka

8th March 2023 – 1:00 pm Eastern Time

  Hi Folks,

 As an introduction to my newest textbookHeritage Economics: A Guide forInterpreters, Planners, Site Managers, and Educators and my new collegelevel course on the same topic, I am pleased to offer a free 1-hour seminar on anIntroduction to Economics for Heritage Interpreters.

 This seminar will share ideas andexamples on:

 -        Economics forInterpretive Exhibits – what they “really cost” and the concept of exhibit costper contact and exhibit cost effectiveness. Do exhibits pay for themselves or provide proven benefits more thantheir cost? What is “negative learning” that some exhibits deliver?

 -        Economics forInterpretive Panels – what they really cost and cost effectiveness over theirlife – diminishing returns?

 -        And a discussionon what a live interpretive program or tours “really costs” and proving demonstratedbenefits from the interpretive program/tour.  Arebenefits from the interpretive program or tour greater than the presentationcosts?  Do live interpretive programsmake or lose $$?

 It will be a busy hour and handoutmaterials will be provided.

 If you would like to participate in thisFREE seminar on Economics for Heritage Interpreters just send me an e-mail ([log in to unmask]) to be added to theseminar list and I will send you the ZOOM link and handout materials.

 Any questions feel free to ask.

 Cheers,

Prof John Veverka

Director