From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:34:55 EST
Museum-L'ers,

I am interested in the chain of command of large and small museums, and
exactly
where the "curator" (curator of collections, curator of education, curator of
exhibits, curator of antiques, curator of all knowledge, curator with many
hats, etc.) fits into the totem pole at your museum(s).  Pay-wise (without
salaries if you feel is private a yes or no) does the Office or Business
Manager, Marketing Manager or other positions fall equal, below or above the
Curator(s) in salary?

With smaller museums, does the Executive Director and/or Director/Manager,
put on one of their many hats and serve also as Curator?  Also, which curator
position(s) are usually (in a larger museums this would apply) the highest on
the mountain?  The curator of education, collections, etc., or is it a team
effort?    <<a good question for the Millionaire show???

And do you believe the 25 year old man won $1,000,000!!!  It was the "moth"
(not a housefly, roach or beetle) that was the answer, and was the little
fellow that started the saying we have a "computer bug!!!"  The moth caused a
short-circuit with an early computer.  No, I didn't watch the show, having
better things to do>>>

Appreciate your input.  Thanks, John Martinson