From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:07:43 EST
My most unforgettable exhibit I visited was in Dachau, Germany.  A photograph
exhibit with various pictures of a warehouse-sized room full of shoes taken
from prisoners; another picture was of thousands of teeth (extracted for the
gold content) and another of eyeglasses once belonging to invidivduals;
another was various photos of experiments done using a prisoner for high
attitude testing (I don't want to even mention the content of the pictures
here) but they had a real meaning to me of what man can do to other men,
simply because of diversity issues.  <<sidenote:  I heard the Holocaust
Museum in WASHDC, also is very emotional and moving...as you board a train
car, you feel you are taking part.>>

One exhibit in Germany that stood out even more, was the new trees planted by
survivors, next to the rolls of  barrack foundations which once housed the
thousands of concentration camp prisoners.   To me it expressed the living
and spirit of those who once was there.  Another striking exhibit was the
reproduction gas chambers, and when you walked into them...it did have
meaning and brought the necessary emotional point to the mind.   John
Martinson, Curator.