From:
Kali Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2015 15:22:45 +0000
Hi,

I usually use a sheet. A white cotton sheet from Target (or a like store) is perfect. I've pinned it up on a wall to make a backdrop or draped it over a table etc. If you can get a standing lamp (even bring one from home) that works as a good light source. I usually just use a 12 inch ruler for scale. I also try to include the object number in the photo, that way I can go through the photos and number them at a later time. You can use a photo log as well.
If the object is obviously big (like a piano) I wouldn't worry about scale. Also if it's too big to move don't worry about a backdrop, as it sounds like you are just photographing for a database.

Kali