From:
Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 11:19:02 -0400
 Go with sealed concrete.

Vinyl, linoleum and all off gas and create other problems.

As others have mentioned, carpet collects dust and dirt, hides bugs, is difficult to move things over and as they didn't mention also has off gas issues.

This is my opinion and not necessarily shared by my employer.

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/28/04 10:01AM >>>
If this flooring is going in to your storage area I would not recommend
carpet. While it might give you some slight padding should you ever drop
anything, it is a great place for dirt to collect and bugs to hide. If
you get bugs in the carpet you will be in for a difficult time trying to
get rid of them. I would think it would be better to go with a tile or
linoleum flooring. This will also make it easier to move cabinets around
on, etc.

My 2 cents,

Mandy Langfald
Curator of Collection