From:
Elizabeth Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 1995 14:04:45 -0400
I think I'm interested in making my career in museum education.  I know
the pay is low, the full-time positions few, and that most folks who have
jobs in this field began as volunteers at their museums.

I'm curious, however, on what type of graduate program other folks have
done, or would recommend for someone like me.  I would like to end up
working in a history museum, and also working on Web projects.

I know George Washington University has a degree for a Master of Arts in
Teaching, Museum Education.  I guess my dilemma is, what are the advantages
for me to go through such a program, versus entering the field by continuing to
work part-time and volunteering, until a full-time position became
available?  Thanks for your responses! -Beth Morris