From:
Anne-Marie Fenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:21:50 -0700
Yes I agree completely about not sending confidential messages by
e-mail.  I was wondering more about information that is less
controversial but still intended for a specific audience (minutes,
announcements, specific information).  Sometimes fax cover sheets
contain confidentiality warnings ("this message is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed....").  I wondered if anyone attaches this type of message to
their e-mail messages.  I realize it may not prevent the forwarding of
e-mails but at least it lets the recipient know that the sender prefers
that they don't.

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Anita Cohen-Williams wrote:

> I would suggest not sending confidential messages by e-mail. E-Mail is not
> truly private in any sense of the word.
>

> Anita Cohen-Williams
> Listowner of HISTARCH, SUB-ARCH, and SPANBORD
> Contributing Editor, Anthropology, Suite101 <http://www.suite101.com>

Anne-Marie Fenger
UBC Museum of Anthropology
6393 N.W. Marine Drive