From:
Martha Katz-Hyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2017 19:12:03 -0400
Erin,

An institution I once worked for tells potential borrowers that their
requests require a year's processing time. This is to allow for permissions
from all involved (from the subject curator up to the vice-president of
collections), conservation assessment and treatment, evaluation of the
borrowing institution, and then arranging for crating and shipping. It
sounds like a long time, but that time was really needed to cover every
requirement.

Hope this helps.

Martha Katz-Hyman
Independent Curator