From:
Regina Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 09:46:02 -0500
Jenara,
We're actually just getting started with a committee here at the museum,
with our second meeting happening later this week. The biggest thing I've
seen so far is the importance of including staff members at all levels,
which has led to further discussions about how to do this and stay within
budget. What we're in the process of doing now is to establish short term
and long term goals, as well as a driving mission for the committee so that
there is some focus. We have people from both the collections department
and education involved right now, as well as the assistant directors and
director, with the goal going forward to involve as many other staff
members as possible as well as community members, group representatives
etc.

It's exciting to be at the start line but it's also a bit daunting so I
empathize with you!
I'll keep you in the loop as our project grows if you would like.

Regina
Regina Gorham
Collections Manager
Kalamazoo Valley Museum