From:
Michelle Zupan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:49:41 -0500
Tracy,

Right now there are many unemployed and underemployed museum folks out
there.  Applying for a job for which you are not qualified is an exercise in
futility most of the time, as there will be dozens of qualified people ahead
of you.  I would recommend getting an internship.  There are paid ones out
there that are great for getting your foot in the door, meeting the people
in the field, and figuring out what you do and don't want to pursue in a
career.

In fact, we have a year-long internship available at Hickory Hill in
Thomson, Georgia.  Everything you ever wanted to know about running an
historic site, paid, with housing. (Blatant self-promotion).

Best of luck.

Michelle

  _____