From:
Sheila Kollasch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:05:50 -0700
Jessica,

We have an Epson Expression 10000XL and it has been a very reliable

machine for both transparencies, negatives and paper documents.  We also

have a couple of Epson Expression 1680's in our office.  All have worked

well for several years now.  We have never had a need for scanning glass

plates so I cannot address that issue.  I highly recommend these machines.

Sheila

Sheila Kollasch, Museum Assistant

Phoenix Airport Museum

3400 Sky Harbor Blvd.

Phoenix, AZ 85034-4403

602-683-3647

FAX 602-273-2702

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the

source of all true art and science.”—Albert Einstein

Jessica Waite <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

10/12/2010 10:42 AM

Please respond to

cc

Subject

[MUSEUM-L] Scanner Reviews

Our Research Department is looking into purchasing a new scanner to use

for photographs, glass plate negatives, negatives, documents, etc. Does

anyone use the Epson Expression 10000XL? Is the quality good? Is the

product reliable? How does it compare to the Microtrek 98000XL TMA? I

appreciate all your help!

Jessica Waite

Curator, Research Department

Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer

3133 West Hwy 34

Grand Island, NE 68801

308-385-5316 ext. 209

FAX: 308-385-5028

www.stuhrmuseum.org

Subscriber Information:

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at

read "help" (without the quotes).

[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read