From:
Ed Sharpe Archivist for SMECC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:55:14 -0400
Remember too...  there are   2  types of  termites ..the ones that come up
from underground are the best... as the  egg layer  Queen  stays
underground  where it is moist and  protected... generally  do not  transfer with
artifacts.

 The other type are dry wood termites....   but   what I  fear more  in
incoming  wood things  are the   types of beetles...

Recommended reading......

Destructive  and useful insects: their habits  and control

Clell Lee Metcalf, Wesley Pillsbury  Flint

Ed  Sharpe archivist for SMECC

In a message dated 4/7/2017 8:45:41 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,