From:
Cedar Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2015 13:06:59 -0500
We've been looking into similar issues, but for now have decided to
continue with what we're using -- which for us is Past Perfect. It's not
perfect, and I certainly wouldn't rush out to buy it if you're not already
using PP for your collections, but it is inexpensive and easy to use.
Whether it will work for your needs depends on how sophisticated you need
right now; for us, we're sticking with PP until we're ready to more fully
take advantage of the power of a more sophisticated donor database and all
of the integrated features. PP does allow you to do all the development
basics, including tracking memberships, donors, campaigns, pledges, in-kind
donations, etc.

We looked at Salesforce (which has some free options for nonprofits, but
you may need to hire a consultant to get you set up); I've also briefly
considered Neon, Bloomerang. the databank, and Donor Perfect (the cheaper,
easier version of Raiser's Edge). I've used DonorPerfect in the past and
have liked it, but haven't used in recent years and don't it compares with
all the good in-the-cloud options out there now.

Cedar Imboden Phillips
Executive Director
Hennepin History Museum
2303 3rd Avenue South