From:
Sadie Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:11:27 -0700
Hi All,

I hope you can help me. I am looking at mounting approximately 30 Native
American beaded bags (and a few cornhusk bags) in a case that is basically a
bookcase, or removing the shelves and mounting them along the back. I am the
only staff member at the moment in  our small museum right now (as
Collections Manager). The Board of Directors is a volunteer board who like
to help out around the museum, but I would like to have a planned approach
for the mounting of these objects. I would like to hear from those of you
who have mounted Native American beaded bags or cornhusk bags, especially
how you mounted the objects.

Here is a little more information about this situation:

The bookcase is essentially that. It has four removable shelves, and an
additional fifth (as the bottom of the case). The shelves are 8-inches in
width and 94.5-inches in length.

Previously, most of the beaded bag and cornhusk bag collection had been
placed upright at an angle in the case. Each bag had a piece of cardboard on
the inside. However, during the 10+ years on display, most of the bags
sagged and became slightly distorted at the bottom. While this case was on
our list of exhibits to revamp, an active webbing clothes moth infestation
forced us to take immediate action and remove the objects from exhibit. They
have since been treated, and the cardboard removed.

Please feel free to email me off-list at [log in to unmask]

Thank you in advance for any assistance you are willing to give me.

Have a wonderful day.
Thanks again,
Sadie Thayer