From:
Karen Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:51:09 -0400
When we loan out items or borrow them, we imediately notify our
insurance company.  For example if John Doe, brings in 10 items, a
letter goes to the insurance company on our letter head and signed by me
(Curator) which says:
The following items are on loan to the museum from:
John Doe
Address
L.2004.01.01-.10
 Value:   $1800.00
Estimated Date of Return:     January 2004
Then if anything happens to the items they are insured up to that
value.  The loanee has of coursed signed the loan agreement, with the
value etc.
When loaning out items to other museums, I require the same type of
agreement and proof that they have insured my items through them.
Then if GOD forbid, there is a problem, they are covered by  insurance.
Hope that helps
Karen Richardson
Princeton Museum Curator