From:
Elizabeth Maurer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:34:31 -0400
Hi,

I created an electronic work order system in Access.  I did this by creating
a database and accompanying form with the relevant fields.  The most
up-to-date version of Access allows you to e-mail the form to your users.
So, everyone in my organization was sent a dynamic e-mail with the work
request fields and told to save it for future use.  When they have a requst,
they fill out the form in e-mail and click submit at the bottom of the
page.  This both sends the data straight to the database, which is saved on
the common drive, and sends an e-mail copy to me.  The only drawback is that
the form is only active when you open it in Outlook.

Good Luck,

Liz Maurer
Director of Operations
National Museum of Crime & Punishment