From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:05:54 PST
Since this strain is still going, I'll add one of the most memorable museums
I've seen; a muscial instrument museum in Vienna.  I can't remember the name
and I can't remember all of the instruments.  However, I do remember
wandering through 3 floors of strange and wonderful instruments.  Besides
the famous-composer piano-fortes and harpsichords, there were odd and
interesting instruments that apparently were not used very long. As a young
musician, I was pretty awed by this museum.

The real reason for this post is to ask a question about Halon replacement.
We are preparing CIP proposals to the City who owns our buildings, and we
are thinking of replacing our Halon system with another form of fire
suppression.  I have two web sites with fire suppression information that I
saved from a previous discussion. (http://www.harc.org/  and
http://www.fireline.com/firesuppressionsystems/firesuppressionsystems.html)
However, we would like to know if museums are actively replacing Halon
systems and with what are they replacing them?

Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Curator of Collections
Valdez Museum