From:
Roger Wulff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:40:07 -0500
Dear Jerrie:

During the 1989(?) ICOM Meeting in Den Hague, we visited a Musical
Instrument Museum located - using the principle of adapative re-use of
historic structures - in an 17th Century cathedral (all of the
architectural elements of that museum's usage were designed to be
free-standing and capable of being removed without destroying the
historic fabric of the building itself).  However, the real magic of
this museum was the sound of these instruments being played as we viewed
them - and the invitation to dance in a music hall exhibit.  Almost as
magical as the Butterfly Garden in Nice!!!!!

On the subject of Halon replacement, I waited until later in the day to
see if you recieved any responce.  If you will contact me off-list, I
will attempt to help you on this subject.

Kind Regards

Roger Wulff

--
Visit our NEW "ONLINE" MUSEUM BOOKSTORE AND
TREAT YOURSELF TO A BOOK - VISIT OUR NEW "ONLINE"

at:     http://www.MuseumServicesIntl.org

Museum Services International is a non-profit organization which
provides services in all areas of the planning and development of
cultural institutions and museums - especially in the new area of
"Economuseology."