From:
Ware Petznick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:56:33 -0500
I searched for matting in the 36" inch range and found that most India or
china matting vendors now produce matting in 27" widths.

Burrows is a source as is Mr. Seale at [log in to unmask]

The McFaddin-Ward House has evidence of 36" width straw matting in the east
and west bedrooms on the third floor. While it has been proposed to install
the matting given the physical evidence and receipt that we have, there are
no immediate plans to install it.

Hope that this helps. I have a lot more information about matting if you
would like to contact me off list.

Ware

L.W.S. Petznick, Ph.D.

McFaddin-Ward House

Curator of Collections

725 Third St.

Beaumont, TX 77701

www.mcfaddin-ward.org

409.832.1906 p

409.832.3483 f

The McFaddin-Ward House is currently showing the exhibit "Moving In," which
illustrates how the McFaddins first moved in to their new home at 1906
McFaddin Avenue in January 1907. Call 409-832-2134 for tour information.